Motorola rolled out the first major software update for Moto X (139.12.57.ghost_row.Retail.en.US). Significant improvements are expected. So, it is recommended to apply this update.
Although this update is for T-Mobile Moto X users, users in other networks will receive similar update in a few days (up to a few weeks).
According to the release note, this update boosts the following improvements:
- Improved Voice Quality: Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X
- Improved Photo Quality: Improved capture of natural light (auto-white balance) and color accuracy for more precise exposure in outdoor and backlit scenes
- Improved Focus: Faster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion
- Faster Switching: Shortened the time it takes to switch between rear and front-facing cameras, as well as transition between the viewfinder and the Gallery app
- Enhanced Touchless Control: Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
- Improved Motorola Migrate Experience: Improved transfer of content from an old Android phone to a new Motorola phone
- Google Drive – 50GB Promotion: Added a promotion expiration date – customers have 30 days from phone activation or installation of this update to redeem the 50GB offer
- Lost Device Finder: Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location to the Moto Care Lost Device Finder service
- Driving Detection: Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the phone to read out text messages and announce calls when not in Drive mode
The update is delivered through OTA. If you did not receive the update notification, you can go to Settings–About Phone–Software updates.
Before downloading and installing, you should backup any important info/files.
Hope you enjoy the update.