Wireless Display in Moto X allows yuou to show your phone’s screen on devices with Miracast, which some newer smart televisions have built in.
Wireless Display is totally different from $35 Chromecast HDMI dongle, which does not support Miracast.
To use Wireless Display, your TV must be certified for Miracast. Miracast may be used on devices without embedded Wi-Fi through the use of a Miracas certified adapter that supports an interface such as High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) or Universal Serial Bus (USB).
To enable Wireless Display:
- Connect your Miracast dongle to your HDMI-capable TV, or turn on your Miracast-enabled TV
- Touch the Command Center widget on your homescreen
- Touch Wireless display
- Turn feature on
- Touch available display that will appear
Tips for using Wireless Display:
- Enable Auto-connect to automatically connect to last display when Wireless display is turned on. > Settings > Display > Wireless display > check Auto-connect
- For faster access, you can add the Wireless Display widget to your home screen, or Touch Wireless Display from Quick Settings
- Mirroring onto a Wireless display while using Bluetooth may reduce performance.